Here are some general website tips:
- Maintain your website! As teams attend new competitions and events, make sure to update the website. Also, making small changes in design is a good idea as well.
- Check how your website looks on mobile phones and tablets. For instance, use media queries to adjust the font size and layout of your website. Also, some features that work on computers
are not supported on phones, so don't forget to take that into consideration.
- Make sure your website works on all browsers! Some features are supported on some browsers but not on others. Check how your website looks on a variety of browsers.
- Try to use high quality photos. Sometimes the photo quality is bad and there's no way around that. However, other times when you don't have to use that specific photo, choose
a higher quality photo that doesn't look pixelated. It makes the overall website look much cleaner!
- Stay consistent! Stick with the same fonts and the same colors for your text. While you don't want your website to look too boring, you definitely
don't want it to look messy and random. It is usually recommended that you use two types of fonts and two different colors for your text maximum.
- Have lots of content, but also mix in photos as well. Also, don't write huge chunks of text. Instead, separate your text into different paragraphs and sections. It makes it easier to read!
Good luck to those making your club websites!